Research: Research on migration (from Kenya to the Middle East) for a university based on East Africa; oil politics, sea port relations (Kenya and Tanzania); regional conflict management; Kenya within the region, etc.
Training: To date, I have trained over 4,000 people in various sectors, including the humanitarian field. This has also included the development of training materials. Some of the sample areas include the following:
- Climate change (Disaster Risk Reduction: DRR); Leadership; Strategic Management
- Proposal Writing (Including Designing the Intervention, Demonstrating Change, Budgeting)
- Report Writing (Including, Planning, Structuring, Writing Effectively, Submitting)
- Project Quality Management; Staff Welfare (Team Building; Stress Management)
- Organizational and Project Development
- Conflict Management
- Mentoring and Coaching Coached and mentored over 50 professionals from East Africa, and Asia working within the NGO/ international organizations space and covering topics such as leadership, management, decision making, and humanitarian standards in operations. Sample initiatives include the Start Network Talent Development Project [Africa] and Surge Regional Programme [Asia] organized by various international organizations.
Organizational Development and Leadership Within and Without Humanitarian Operations: Leadership and development of organizational based programs, including gender programs, capacity building programs and in-program operational impact evaluations, leading to social development and organizational growth from 3 participants to 300 per given programs within a span of 3 months.